Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Introduction

Hi, I am a nursing professor in a associate degree program. I teach at the last semester in the a two year program located in northern Illinois. We admit twice a year and currently admit 88 students per semester. I am always looking for new and creative ways to assist my students with learning. I have created several innovative strategies (at least I think so) that have been successful with my students. And since I don't believe I am special, I am convinced many of my peers also have great ideas and strategies. The rub seems to be in how to share. My glitch is I can not seem to get anything publish. I send articles and never hear from anyone again. So I begin to think maybe print is not the way to go. I have decided to try my hand at blogging. What I would like to see from this blog is other educators (whether 2 or 4 year programs) post their creative ideas for all of us to share. I am a member of several listservs but I sometimes find nurse educators to be a little full of themselves. I would like this blog to be open to all ideas without fear of rejection. As nursing educators we should all realize our awesome role in healthcare and do everything in our power to facilitate that learning. I just don't believe I am alone in my quest and would love to hear from my creative peers. So I will post my article and forms I developed. Use them, cannabilize them, implement them, or ignore them. I truly believe if I learn one new idea from this blog I will be blessed. Of course, I would like to learn alot. Thanks to all who read this and share with others. Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment